About Vijapur

Vijapur is a very important city which is located in the Mehsana District of Gujarat. It is not only a town but also a municipality. This place is very famous because it is the birthplace of an eminent Jain monk whose name is Buddhisagar Suri. It is a beautiful place and is a must visit for everyone. Vijapur is situated at 23.57 degrees North and 72.75 degrees East. The mean elevation of the city of Vijapur is 116 meters or 381 feet.

History of Vijapur

Vijapur is the birthplace ofBuddhisagarSuri, who was a Jain Monk. He was a philosopher, an author, and ascetic who belonged to the 20th century. He has written almost 2000 books. BuddhisagarSuri was born near the village of Manipura. By birth, he was a Patel, but later on, he received his enlightenment when he was of a very young age. The Mahudi Temple of the Jains, which is the GhantakarnaMahavir, was established by him. He lived his life in the town of Vijapur and passed away on 1981. The samadhi of BuddhisagarSuri is located near the guesthouse of the government which is located in Vijapur.

Demographics of Vijapur

According to the Indian Census of the year 2001, the population of Vijapur is around 25,558. The males are known to constitute around 52 percent of the total population, and the females constitute the rest 48 percent of the population. The rate of literacy of Vijapur is around 68 percent which is a lot higher than the rate of literacy of the country which is 59.5 percent. The literacy rate of males is that of 75 percent, and that of the females is 60 percent. The population that is below the age of six years is around 12 percent.

Transport in Vijapur

Vijapur is connected to the other parts of the city and State with the help of the different transport facilities that are available here. The transports that are available are the rail, road and air transports.

Rail Transport

The nearest railway station to the town of Vijapur is the Vijapur Railway Station. A number of trains are available from here which helps the passengers to commute from one end of the town to another. The other railway stations that are located in close proximity to the city are the Pilwal Road Railway Station and the GawadaMalosan Railway Station. These railway stations are maintained by the Indian Railways.

Air Transport

The nearest airport located to the town of Vijapur is the Ahmedabad Airport, which is known as the SardarVallabhbhai Patel International Airport. Flights are available from here on a daily basis so that both the local people and the tourists can travel.

Tourism in Vijapur

There are many places in and around Vijapur which are perfect tourist destinations. Vijapur is a must visit for the people who have a knack for adventures and the ones who love history. The history and culture of Vijapur are very rich.

Gol Gumbaz

The GolGumbaz is one of the most beautiful tourist destinations. The construction and engineering of this monument will leave you amazed and awe-stricken. There are a number of myths that surround this dome. It is one of the greatest historic monument ever built. This place is perfect for the history lovers and the photographers.

Almatti Dam

The Almatti Dam is one of the most popular places that the tourists should not miss at all. The garden that it has inside is beautifully maintained. A person who visits this place can connect with nature. Built over a large area, it is one of the most mesmerizing places for sightseeing.

26
  • SHARE THIS
  • TWEET THIS
  • SHARE THIS
  • COMMENT
  • LOVE THIS 0
  • E-mail

Comments / Discussion Board - About Vijapur

Loader